How to feed yourself and feel good afterward
Do you struggle with bingeing on food? Are you the type of person who sneaks down to the freezer at 3 am for just at "taste" of ice cream? If you do, chances are you might be an emotional eater. Many times we use food as a way to stuff down the feelings that we are too afraid to feel. Listed below are ways you can feed yourself and actually feel good afterward!!!
- Know thy self Start to track when you are craving unhealthy foods. Keep a running list of the what, when, and whys you eat and see if you find any patterns. Once you detect these patterns create some alternative strategies such as taking a walk when you are angry instead of eating French fries.
- Talk! Before you pick up the ice cream pick up the phone and call a friend and talk about what you are feeling.
- Nourish your mind Find hobbies such as scrapbooking, gardening, sewing or reading that spur your interest. Often times we eat because we are just plain bored.
- Go on Dates Meet friends and loved ones at places that don't revolve around food, such as going to the park, museum, or art gallery.
- Indulge yourself When you do eat, don't do it in front of the TV or standing over the sink. Sit down to a beautifully set table and enjoy and savor the experience.